Shuttle drivers are your front line: they're the ones who talk to your customers, and they're the ones who keep your business running. What's more, drivers are often the people who have been with your company for decades—and they're not going anywhere anytime soon. So how do you get them to be as passionate about your company as you are? Here are five ways:
- Use of Voice-Activated Technology: Using voice-activated technology allows drivers to stay focused on driving, and can also help increase driver productivity. For example, you can use a voice-activated system to let drivers know when they've arrived at their destination or if they've been assigned a new delivery. This can help them stay on schedule, and it also ensures that they're not driving around aimlessly looking for an address.
- Driver Safety: It's important that you make sure your drivers are safe. You can do this by making sure that drivers have access to safety driving training such as defensive driving courses and to car safety features such as seat belt reminders and crash alerts. This can help drivers avoid accidents while they're on the road and ensure that they're able to get themselves and their passengers back safely.
- Driver Management: You can also use your phone system to manage drivers more efficiently. For example, you can automate ride assignments and ensure that each ride that gets assigned to a driver is optimal. Drivers are also getting turn-by-turn directions to location thereby reducing the amount of time they have to check their phone to get driving directions. This will allow them to focus on driving, and it can help reduce the number of accidents caused by distracted drivers.
- Real-Time Reporting and Tracking: You can use your phone to track the location and performance of your drivers with the use of dealership management software like Quickride. This will allow you to better manage their routes and keep them accountable for how they're getting from point A to point B. You can also use this data to help identify areas where your shuttle frequently goes, giving you a sense of locations that are likely to respond well to your marketing efforts.
- Drivers' Positivity: The most important part of all is making sure that your drivers feel good about using your instant driver updates system like Quickride - it should be something they look forward to using! If your drivers feel like they're being made to use a system that's too complicated, they'll be less likely to engage with it.
This means you need to make sure the app is easy and intuitive for them to use, so they don't feel like it's going against their own interests.
You cannot turn your drivers into rock stars overnight, but you can help them become a group of champions that will keep your dealership running smoothly and efficiently.
Quickride is breaking the mold for driver technology by offering instant driver updates. Our shuttle software offers a smarter way to manage the entire shuttle operation. With real-time updates, you can drive efficiency, keep track of your fleet, and bring your shuttle business to the next level.