The automotive industry is changing. The rise of environmentally-friendly cars, such as electric vehicles (EVs) and hybrids, has been well documented. As more people turn to these types of vehicles for their next purchase, dealerships need to be prepared for what this means for their business.
If you're looking to future-proof your dealership or want an edge over the competition when it comes time for customers' next vehicle purchase, then read on!
What is Future-Proofing?
Future-proofing is a concept that refers to a business' ability to evolve and adapt as the market changes. Future-proofing your dealership means making sure it can continue to thrive in the future, even if there are major changes in the way consumers buy cars.
Future-proofing is important because it allows you to anticipate what's coming next--and make sure you're prepared for it. For example, if electric vehicles become more popular over time (which they will), then future-proofing will help ensure that your dealership doesn't lose customers due to an inability or unwillingness on their part to purchase EVs at this time.
The Rise of Environmentally-Friendly Cars
The rise of environmentally-friendly cars is a trend that's here to stay. Electric vehicles are growing in popularity and becoming more common on the road, which means that dealerships will need to adapt their business models accordingly.
As the number of electric vehicles on the road increases, dealerships will need to find ways to accommodate them. In order for your dealership to remain competitive and profitable in this new era, you'll need to invest in electric vehicle technology. This includes everything from charging stations for customers (and employees) and upgrades to your building's electrical system so that it can handle more power-hungry equipment without tripping breakers or blowing fuses.
If you don't make these changes now, you might lose out on potential sales down the line when customers look elsewhere because they can't charge their cars at your location--or worse: they decide not even come by because they don't think there will be enough outlets available!
How to Future-Proof Your Dealership
The first step to future-proofing your dealership is to invest in electric vehicle technology. You can do this by purchasing an EV charging station and installing it on your property, or by partnering with a company that will provide you with one.
The second step is developing a customer service plan for electric vehicles. As more people begin buying EVs, there will be more questions about how they work and what kind of maintenance they require--and that means you'll need someone on staff who knows the answers! It's also important to educate yourself on these topics so that when customers come asking questions, you're able to answer them confidently and accurately (and hopefully even make some sales).
Finally, educate your staff on electric vehicles so they know how they work and can answer any questions customers might have about them!
The rise of environmentally-friendly cars has created a lucrative opportunity for dealerships. As consumers become more conscious about their carbon footprint and seek out ways to reduce it, they will be looking for vehicles that do not contribute to climate change. This presents an excellent opportunity for car dealerships who are willing to invest in the future by offering these types of vehicles.
The Environmental Impact of Traditional Cars
It's no secret that traditional cars have a negative impact on the environment. They emit harmful greenhouse gasses like carbon dioxide into the atmosphere, contributing to climate change. In addition, they release pollutants like nitrogen oxides and particulate matter, which can lead to respiratory problems and other health issues.
According to the Environmental Protection Agency, transportation is responsible for over 28% of greenhouse gas emissions in the United States. That's a staggering amount, and it's one of the reasons why environmentally-friendly cars are becoming so popular. Electric vehicles, for example, have seen a surge in popularity. In fact, the number of electric vehicles on the road worldwide surpassed 10 million in 2020. That's a huge increase from just a few years ago, and it's a trend that's expected to continue.
The Benefits of Owning an Environmentally-Friendly Car
There are many benefits to owning an environmentally-friendly car. Here are just a few:
- Reduced environmental impact: As we mentioned earlier, traditional cars have a negative impact on the environment. By choosing an environmentally-friendly car, you're doing your part to reduce your carbon footprint and protect the planet.
- Lower fuel costs: Electric vehicles, for example, are much cheaper to fuel than traditional cars. According to the Department of Energy, the cost of charging an electric vehicle is equivalent to paying $1.20 per gallon of gasoline. That's a significant savings over time.
- Tax incentives: In many states, there are tax incentives available for owning an environmentally-friendly car. These incentives can help offset the cost of purchasing the vehicle.
- Quieter ride: Electric vehicles are much quieter than traditional cars. This can make for a more enjoyable driving experience, especially in urban areas where traffic noise can be a problem.
- Better performance: Many environmentally-friendly cars have excellent performance. Electric vehicles, for example, have instant torque and can accelerate quickly. They also have a lower center of gravity, which makes for better handling.
Environmentally-friendly cars are the future of the automotive industry. They offer many benefits over traditional cars, including reduced environmental impact, lower fuel costs, tax incentives, a quieter ride, and better performance. As a dealership, it's important to recognize this trend and start offering these types of vehicles to your customers. By doing so, you'll be future-proofing your business and positioning yourself for success in the years to come.
The Impact of Environmentally Friendly Cars on Dealership Operations
One of the biggest impacts of environmentally-friendly cars on dealership operations is the need for specialized equipment and training. For example, electric vehicles require specific charging stations and technicians who are trained to work on them. Dealerships that don't invest in these resources risk losing customers to competitors who can offer these services.
In addition, environmentally-friendly cars may require different parts and accessories than traditional cars. For example, electric vehicles may need specialized tires or brakes. Dealerships that don't stock these items risk losing business to competitors who can offer them.
How Dealerships Can Adapt to the Rise of Environmentally-Friendly Cars
The rise of environmentally-friendly cars is a trend that has the potential to change how dealerships operate. Dealerships need to be aware of this shift and adapt their business models accordingly if they want to stay competitive in an increasingly green market.
- Adapting Your Dealership's Operations: If you're not already doing so, consider adding electric vehicle charging stations at your dealership. This will allow customers who are looking for an environmentally-friendly car option to test drive or purchase one right there on site! Additionally, installing solar panels on top of your building can help reduce electricity costs while also providing another marketing opportunity (if you decide to advertise them).
- Working With Customers Who Are Interested In Buying An Efficient Vehicle: If someone comes into your dealership looking specifically for an efficient vehicle but doesn't find what they want on the lot yet, consider working with another dealer nearby who does carry those models--or even ordering one from somewhere else entirely!
In conclusion, as we've discussed, the rise of environmentally-friendly cars is a trend that is here to stay. Future-proofing your dealership by investing in these types of vehicles is not only good for the environment, but it's also good for business. By meeting the needs of customers who are look ing for greener options, you are positioning your dealership for success in the future.
We encourage all dealerships to take action and adapt to this rising trend. This includes investing in specialized equipment, training staff on the benefits and maintenance of environmentally-friendly cars, and offering a wide range of options for customers.
At Quickride, we're committed to helping dealerships become leaders in the environmentally-friendly car movement. Our dealer management platform makes it easy for dealerships to offer electric and hybrid vehicles to customers, while also streamlining operations and increasing efficiency. And with our 30-day free trial, you can try it out for yourself and see the benefits firsthand.
Join us today and start future-proofing your dealership with Quickride's dealer management platform! By doing so, you'll not only be helping the environment, but you'll also be positioning your dealership for long-term success. So what are you waiting for? Sign up for our free trial today and see the difference that Quickride can make for your dealership.